Schneider Electric helps organizations identify, qualify, pursue and obtain energy efficiency incentives. Each month our experts compile important news and notes. Here are your August rebates and incentives from around the U.S.
Mining for ROI
Rebates and incentives programs have been the core of utility offerings to businesses for many years. Clients can use these programs to realize significant returns on their investment, both in rebate dollars and in energy efficiency savings. According to utility studies, energy efficiency programs that use rebates and incentives can, on average, deliver positive payback over 2 to 5 years.
ENERGY STAR offers a Cash Flow Opportunity Calculator that “helps inform strategic decisions about financing energy efficiency projects. The tool helps to estimate how much new equipment you can finance using anticipated savings.”
Some of our most successful clients capture sizable rebates with an energy efficiency strategy in place and a team dedicated to the implementation of that strategy. Thoughtful strategy ensures you align your resources to reach target ROI on incentives and rebates.
According to Greenbiz, consider the following as you develop a rebate and incentives strategy:
- Which energy efficiency project allows me to capture the most rebate dollars within my budget?
- How much will these rebates and incentives offset the initial cost?
- Which facilities and technologies will get me the biggest overall return on investment?
- What are the time limits for implementing these initiatives?
- What are the rebate and incentive deadlines and what is the application process?
- What is the measurement and verification process?
- Do I have the appropriate paperwork? Am I required to conduct a pre-audit?
Speak with a Schneider Electric expert for an assessment of your energy efficiency needs and the monetary returns available to optimize your investments.
It’s (Still) Bonus Season…But Time is Short!
Your window of opportunity is closing. Some utilities are now offering bonus rebates to encourage timely, energy efficient upgrades. If your company has been looking to complete an energy efficiency project, now is a good time to get started! Some programs still in effect include:
BONUS REBATES: AEP – Indiana Michigan Power > Through August 31
AEP Indiana Michigan Power is offering cash bonuses on Prescriptive and Custom Programs now through August 31, 2018. Bonuses include an extra 10% on all eligible prescriptive measures. The custom program provides:
- An extra $0.01 per kWh for projects of <100,000 kWh
- An extra $0.02 per kWh for projects of >100,000 kWh
Pre-approval is required and Small Business Direct Install projects do not qualify. Projects must be completed and received with final application
BONUS REBATES: DTE Energy > Effective Immediately
DTE Energy is offering a limited-time bonus to upgrade T12 linear fluorescents. When upgrading T12 linear fluorescents to DLC certified LED fixtures, you can use the revised T-12 baseline to calculate your savings. As a result, kWh savings and incentive values are both increased.
A few things to know:
- Retrofit kits are eligible for this offer.
- Lamp only replacements do not qualify.
- Additionally, DTE is now offering new incentives for advance lighting controls. The incentive is $0.12 per kWh reduction, up to $5,000 per year. The controls must be DLC certified and the facility must be <100,000 square feet.
- Projects must be completed and submitted for incentives by September 30, 2018.
BONUS REBATES: Seattle City Light > Effective as of August 1, 2018
Seattle City Light is releasing new Commercial Retrofit Lighting incentives with changes effective on August 1, 2018. All projects received prior to this date will receive the current fiscal year offerings.
The changes include:
- LED fixtures – $0.15/kWh
- LED retrofit kits (excluding downlights/recessed can retrofit kits) –$0.15/kWh
- Standard lighting controls – $0.15/kWh
- Mogul-base LEDs (ex. E39, EX39, etc.) – $0.10/kWh
- Fixtures w/ Networked Lighting Controls (NLC) – $50/fixture bonus in addition to the $0.15/kWh incentives!
- Small Commercial Customers Bonus – 20% bonus for LED fixtures, LED retrofit kits and lighting controls (does not apply to NLC bonus, mogul base LED lamps or midstream products)
- All TLED Types (A/B/C), screw-in LED A lamps and reflector lamps, downlight retrofit kits, decorative LED lamps and CFL-LED products will be moved to the upcoming 2018 Midstream Lighting Program.
Delmarva Power – Maryland, Virginia & Delaware
Delmarva Power’s Existing Buildings and Custom Programs has been approved. Schneider Electric is now eligible to submit incentive applications for Commercial and Industrial Custom – New Construction Lighting, Existing Buildings Retrofit Lighting.
The Georgia Power Commercial Energy Efficiency Program has pre-approved approximately 85% of its incentive dollars available for 2018. This is a good time to move up some project dates to take advantage of some of those remaining dollars before they run out.
Custom incentives have now increased to $0.16 kWh — plus an additional $600/kW reduced. Also, get additional custom incentives for equipment you replace early or that you have maintained past its effective useful life.
Northern Indiana Public Service Company
Interested in funds to help pay down the costs of boiler tune-ups? NIPSCO is making it very easy to obtain incentive dollars for your tune-ups. They have a team of field engineers who are available to visit your sites to conduct an assessment. The application process is easy and NIPSCO will pay rebates up to:
- $10 per linear foot on steam and hot water pipe insulation
- $340 steam trap replacements
- $320 Boiler Tune-Up > 1200MBH
Is there something you want to see in our rebates & incentives newsletter?
Email us to let us know any suggestions/questions