The road to top performance
With more than 100,000 employees and ¥110 billion in assets, China National Building Materials Group Corporation (CNBM) is one of the largest cement manufacturers globally. One out of every 10 tons of cement in the world is produced by CNBM.
While the cement industry has always faced the challenge of high energy consumption, governmental energy regulations have become more stringent in this respect over recent years. To improve its energy efficiency, CNBM has started working with Schneider Electric.
Connectivity and Efficiency with EcoStruxure
- Thanks to Schneider Electric’s kiln expert control and energy management systems, CNBM has optimized its energy consumption and reduced production costs.
- Schneider systems have also helped CNBM minimize unplanned breakdowns, prolong equipment service life, and enhance security of its operations.
- Now, the company is looking forward to implementing our smart manufacturing and equipment management solutions to further reduce its environmental footprint.
“The Schneider Electric system plays a guiding role in our production”
– Liu Xiangkui, Deputy General Manager, China United Cement Yinan Co. Ltd., a CNBM company
- Labor intensity lowered by 60%.
- Overall energy efficiency improved by 10%.
- Energy consumption per production unit cut by 3-5%.
- ROI achieved in less than 2 years.