The real estate industry has a long history of renewable energy procurement, however, there is still untapped potential for progress. According to the International Energy Agency, the buildings and building construction sectors are responsible for over one-third of global energy consumption and nearly 40% of CO2 emissions.
To close the gap on real estate emissions, Schneider Electric has joined forces with the Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) to significantly increase renewable energy procurement and support sustainable development in commercial real estate. Schneider Electric is proud to sign onto REBA’s Commercial Real Estate Principles which seek to support global climate action by:
- Building collaboration and partnership between tenant and landlords
- Ensuring transparency of energy use per tenant
- Prioritizing energy reduction and efficiency
- Providing access to renewable energy options
- Providing renewable energy options that drive the greatest impact
- Engaging in public disclosures and benchmarking