Expanding its climate action commitment, Schneider Electric has joined the Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles, an initiative made up of 76 companies seeking to spur progress on renewable energy and achieve their sustainable energy goals.
This builds on the company’s recent announcement that it has joined the RE100 and will source 100 percent of electricity demand through renewable resources by 2030.
“As the megatrends of urbanization, industrialization and digitization continue to increase energy demand, we must move toward a more sustainable, efficient future,” said Kevin Self, senior vice president of strategy, business development and government relations for Schneider Electric.
“The Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles initiative provides companies with the support and opportunities needed to help businesses achieve their renewable energy goals. We very much look forward to our continued work with this initiative to enable our company and others to contribute to the creation of a greener, healthier world.”
As part of the initiative, companies, including Schneider Electric, are seeking the following from the marketplace:
- Greater choice in options to procure renewable energy.
- Cost competitiveness between traditional and renewable energy.
- Access to longer-term, fixed price renewable energy.
- Access to projects that are new or help drive new projects to reduce energy emissions beyond business as usual.
- Increased access to third-party financing vehicles as well as standardized and simplified processes, contracts and financing for renewable energy projects.
- Opportunities to work with utilities and regulators to expand choices for buying renewable energy.
Facilitated by World Wildlife Fund (WWF), with support from World Resources Institute (WRI), the Buyers’ Principles is a collaboration of leading companies seeking simplified access to the renewable energy they need to meet their clean and low-carbon energy goals. Member organizations are actively adding renewable energy to their facilities and committing to contracts to buy or invest in offsite renewable energy.
Learn more about the energy and sustainability services that Schneider Electric delivers to organizations across the globe.
The post Schneider Electric Joins Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers’ Principles appeared first on Schneider Electric.